Saturday, May 12, 2012

Escapades

The past two weeks have had a serious case of the crazies: having run myself ragged I fell victim to the plague and came down with a serious(ly annoying) bout of the sniffles and pinched a nerve in my back which caused much joy pain for a couple of days. (This is the second time and frankly, I'm suspecting something as pleasant as a slippped/slipping disc being the culprit. One of these days I'll have it checked - promised!). Not so good news from the family in Germany topped the week off and so when the husband told me that he was whisking me away for the weekend after organizing sleepovers for Little Man, and a house and menagerie sitter, I could have cried with relief and let myself be whisked.

The husband and I spent a whole glorious weekend in Savannah, Georgia.
Just the two of us.
I still love him and enjoy hanging out with him just as much as when we got married, almost a decade ago.
Maybe even more so :o)

Rather than writing up a lengthy post of what we did, I'll just share a few of my favorite pictures. Savannah is known for its lovely historic river front and city center, and we enjoyed it a lot (although we were partial to the lesser known and frequented Victorian District - gimme sugar gingerbread, darling!)


























No comments:

Post a Comment