Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chalk it up

Our little escape to Savannah, Georgia, which I told you about over here almost did not happen. Husband realized with a start that the weekend for which he'd planned our secret getaway was fairly packed with all kinds of impromptu activities and events. Fortunately, these were easy enough to reschedule (and there's nothing I'd rather do than escape with the husband) but it showed we needed some sort of command central so we wouldn't lose track of things.

Between cub scouts, sports, dinner club, school events, neighborhood events, snack calendar and more, we needed a better way in a more prominent place to consolidate all of our appointments into one family calendar.
I love our chalk board in the kitchen and it's been great for leaving little late-night notes for the husband, seasonal drawings and greetings for guests but it didn't really work so well in the calendaring part.


Shopping for work at a local Office Depot, I discovered these really cute Dry Erase Decals and at $4.99 a piece (two decals plus pen) I couldn't resist to pick one up.

It did take me a while to stick it to the door, but I finally got around to it and it was a quick and easy fix.
Making sure it was level without diving into the tool shed to actually get a level took the longest and was the hardest part of the installation.



I chose not to use the second decal here but rather to save it for a different occasion. There's enough chalk board area left for more and other notes and two decals would have been just too much.


With May almost over I can't wait to test it for June! Maybe it'll help me to stay organized enough that I'll actually get around to doing things rather than running around like a chicken with her head cut-off.



Time will tell ...

No comments:

Post a Comment