Our first coat of New Grass Green needed a second coat for nice even coverage. It's bright and cheerful and oh, so very green! I really love how lively it contrasts with the bright clean white of the ceiling. I can't wait to paint the stripes though.
[Glidden "New Grass Green"]
Yesterday I measured and taped the stripes. I went with the thickness of the base molding (10 inches) and ruled out stripes until I ran out of space. No, I didn't measure the entire length of the wall (I knew it was somewhere around 8 feet), I simply winged it which tends to be my preferred method. I guess I got really lucky when I ended up with the last blue stripe lining up almost exactly flush with the top of the door molding. Score - me!
Today's fait accompli was priming the base molding and trim work around windows and doors. I don't know about you but while I'm a rather accomplished painter on paper, using the big brushes and painting rooms is something I definitely will need more practice (and there's no doubt I'll get plenty of that). Either way, freehanding the base molding wasn't going to happen. Blue painter's tape to the rescue! Now there's bright white clean-looking trim in the Little Man Cave waiting for tomorrow's painting with Behr's Ultra Pure White in semi-gloss. Stay tuned!