Monday, April 8, 2013

Call Me Mrs. Obvious

... but I obviously enjoy stating the obvious.
Obviously.


After installing "Pull" knobs on the cabinets in the laundry room, I -knew- exactly where to put this cute little iron "Garden" sign.

Where, you ask?
Why, the backdoor to the yard, of course!




Little Man lend a hand and together we measured, marked drill holes and screwed the sign to the back door.


And after two years of grumbling about that one cross brace of the outside screen door always covering up the small narrow window in the door, I went, broke out the screw driver and - gasp!- removed it.

Guess what?

The screen door is just as stable without it (it has two more cross bars below the one I removed),  you can now see out of the back door window, and the world didn't come to an end.

Yesss!

4 comments:

  1. It's so funny how we can be afraid of doing something like this and when we do do it, it was so easy and not life threatening!! LOL

    I love your back door or I should say the garden back door!!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy! *L* Even after two years I occasionally find myself hesitating and then I go "The heck? This is -our- house; I can do whatever I want!" (well, mostly, since I have to make sure the husband is on board and we don't violate the historical district regulations).

      Delete
  2. I love it! So completes the look. Glad you had a helper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's my big little helper! I'm so proud of him!

    Glad you like the look - we love how much homier the laundry/mudroom now feels :)

    ReplyDelete