Friday, April 8, 2011

Tank the tank

After discovering the soggy moldy mess underneath the tile floor in the upstairs kitchen caused by a leak of an old water heater I was even more convinced that any kind of large amount of water upstairs in a wooden house is just so not a good idea.

No, I don't go ga-ga over the idea of having laundry upstairs. It can leak. Massive amounts of water at once. Nuh-uh - don't want.

Not to mention that water heaters take up a huge amount of space and that often in those historic homes they have been squooshed into whatever corner was available no matter how it looks. We've even seen them perched 8 feet high on a couple of boards above the refrigerator - so not a good idea on many different levels.

When our contractor - without any prompting of my own - suggested to go tankless, I was all for it. No danger of a massive 120 gallon leakage? Sign me up! Saving money on our electric bill and a smaller carbon foot print are great additional perks. So here I proudly present to you


[The tank!]

It's about the size of a manila folder and fit to deal with 3 bathrooms, a kitchen and a washer. I love how little space it uses. You know, compared to this guy here

[For Sale: 2007 Lowboy Whirlpool 40 Gallon Electric Water Heater]

No comments:

Post a Comment